Saturday, May 28, 2011

Celebrating Each Other


Greg and I have been all over the place this past month. Texas, Alabama and back to D.C. We started making a bucket list of things to do before we leave this wonderful city. Last weekend one set of Baby P's future grandparents (my parents) joined us in celebrating my Graduation from Georgetown University. I graduated on Friday (which just so happened to be Greg and my five year wedding anniversary).

Yesterday we celebrated our Five Year Wedding Anniversary on a Potomac River Cruise (something that was on both our bucket lists).

Our wedding took place two years to the day that we met. We met at 4 p.m. Eastern Time (in Washington, D.C.) and were married at 3 p.m. Central Time (in Texas). I'm really into symbolism. It is sad to think about leaving D.C. because we have so many wonderful memories here. I hope we can come back at some point in our lives and share the city with our children. Our celebration was like a mini-vacation where we got to see a perspective of the city we had never seen before. It was a wonderful romantic day.

I am so glad to have such a loving and devoted husband. Greg and I are really trying to enjoy the times we have together as we prepare for Baby P. We've been cooking together, spending hours chatting and just enjoying each other. I'm going to miss the times we spend together but we are both excited about being parents.

Baby P already has a large Rubbermaid bin full of things, mainly books and diapers from the Washington Journalism Center Spring 2011 class. Tuesday we'll hopefully find out Baby P's gender and we can begin to put together baby registries. I am so excited about Tuesday.

Even if we cannot find out the gender I'm just going to be excited to see my baby again after a month's hiatus.

No comments:

Post a Comment