Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fatherhood Fears

I've been very conscious recently of my lifestyle. I'm staying up late playing video games. Heavy Rain, Mass Effect 2 and Castlevania--they all have blood, people screaming and sexual content. Oh, and they rock.

I want to go out to eat all the time (and many times want to eat junk food--as defined by taco salads and hamburgers).

I'm reading less non-fiction. I'm mainly avoiding things that have to do with reality. It's not just reading--I don't really want to pay bills, go to work, do much around the house. Adult things.

I don't really talk about it to other people because I feel somewhat immature about the way I'm living, but to be frank I'm kind of scared that I won't be able to do these things when I have a child. And let's not be silly, I mostly won't. Fatherhood is going to change me forever, which I'm excited about and completely terrified about. It's taken me 28 years to like the person I am. But I'll have to be someone new to be a good father.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be so funny. You are a wonderful person and you will not have to change that much. Cheer up G! I love you!

    ReplyDelete