Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It's a....

Well we've been guessing for awhile about our baby's gender. At first, Mimi thought it was a boy because the baby was sitting low in her belly. Then we thought it was a girl because Mimi kept getting kicked and it was keeping her awake. As Mimi put it "only a girl would be this mean." Then we looked at the heartbeat (lower=boy while higher=girl). Ours was "medium low." So we thought it was a boy.

Unless I'm blind and unless the sonographer was hiding something...Baby P is a little girl.

Luckily, in my life I've been surrounded by women so I know the basics. I know all the Disney princesses and I know to keep Kleenex handy. I'm going to try to talk her out of being thirteen. I would actually just prefer her to go from twelve to...maybe twenty. Just skip that messy stuff in the middle that I won't understand.

Mimi and I do have a name picked out. In fact we even have backup names also in case the baby comes out and the name just doesn't feel right. We won't be sharing them because of my own sinful nature. In the past, people have told me names they were considering and I've felt very free about telling them which name I thought was awful. And inevitably that's the name they pick. Awkward. I will save my friends from this by taking this off the table.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to buy ZTA stuff for your little princess! YEA! :-D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Greg! Especially the part about the middle/high school years. If you need to you can always send her to me during that time...I'll straighten her out and teach her math. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. Congratulations, Greg and Mimi!! Such a great post. Can't wait to meet Little Miss P :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candice I love your comment. I will be taking you up on the math offer!

    ReplyDelete