Thursday, May 1, 2014

Spring Lately...in COMO

Lately Greg and I have been so busy we are both not quite sure what day it is. Greg is immersed in his dissertation planning and has begun to launch his research (to be completed in early 2015). I have started to wrap up my course work and read for comprehensive exams in the Fall. We are balancing being professors, parents and students.

Evangeline is going to French School, and has learned several songs as well as how to count to seven in French. We are excited she will be attending 5 days a week in the Fall for their preschool program.

At her 30 week appointment (today) she was in the 70 percentile for weight, at 29 lbs and 50 percentile for height at 34 inches. She is right on track to be a 5 foot 6 20 year old in 18 years : )

Right now her favorite phrases are "Sure is" and "I do myself, Daddy/Momma." Typical two year old. She loves books, to pray for her friends and family and do Yoga poses around the house. She also knows almost the entire soundtrack to "The Sound of Music" and "Frozen" as well as the words to about 12 other songs from school and home. My favorites to hear her sing are "Skidamarink" and "Swing Low Sweet Chariot."

P-Nut is growing right on track, and although I have been tired, I'm enjoying the fluttery feeling I get from her kicking and rolling around. I can't believe our due date is in less than 3 months.

We are looking forward to going to Texas for Mother's Day weekend and spending time with the Wiggins. Evangeline has been going on and on about "Swimming with her grandma in Texas." This week my sister in law Edgerly is coming to help us get a little extra done and we are hosting a baby shower for my cousin Nate and his wife Sara who are expecting their first baby in June.

Also, we are also grateful to have figured out childcare for the month of June since the Student Parent Center is closing here at the University of Missouri. My sister Sarah will come help one week, and a fellow graduate student will watch Evangeline the other two weeks.  Greg and I were recently interviewed concerning our perspective about the center's closing on KBIA our local NPR station here.  

Thanks to everyone who has been following the story of the SPC and your support signing the petition to keep a facility like that on the University of Missouri campus.
 
With that in mind, here's some recent photos of our adventures.
Trying to take more photos with Evangeline. She is starting to looks like such a little lady.

Sweet smile, but always distracted. Oh to be two.

Playing after Yoga class with friends on the playground is one of her favorite activities right now.

Here's our family on Easter. Evangeline would not smile.

Baby Bump photo at 24 weeks.

Wearing the new necklace I got for my 31st birthday, made by my sister Sarah.

Evangeline playing with her close friend Kai. We found these tires super fun.

E's favorite Easter Basket item, her new Minnie Mouse doll.

Collecting Eggs at the Church Egg-stravaganza.

Our neighbors even put eggs in our yard on Easter, so we got a second surprise Egg hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment